Additional Fees
Additional Services
Poster decreased review rating.

I was quoted 750 for the weekly rate but charged 1450... I was never told there was a mileage cap. Only thing the guy asked me is where I was headed. He never asked if I was traveling anywhere else that week. The only other questions I was asked is if I wanted insurance which I declined for I have my own and when I was going to be returning it. I asked if I could drop it off in my hometown of Cedar Rapids, IA, and was told no, not with the Santa Fe, but that he'd call me when he found something he could put us in when we got back. I never received that phone call.

This is the very first time I have rented with Thrifty. I was shocked when I received my invoice. I emailed back right away and was told it was so much higher because of the mileage. I asked if there was anything that could be done to lower my bill and at that point I was ignored. I emailed again two days later and ignored again.

I've been working customer service all my life and would never expect such a big, well known company to accept this as good customer service. I feel I have been taking advantage of. My destination wedding week had turned into a nightmare because of this and it will take us months to recover financially.

My van, that had 6 people broke down with a seized engine in Kearney. Thrifty was the only rental company in Kearney to have a vehicle with a third row, and even though I felt the $750 was pretty high for the week, I was happy they had something that could fit my family.

On top of this, it took 6 days to hear back from customer relations when the original email with my case number said 3-5 days. I had to reach out on Facebook to get this escalated. On day 7 customer relations told me that nothing was going to be refunded. I just turned them into the Better Business Bureau and I recommend anyone they have deceived, to do the same.

Product or Service Mentioned: Thrifty Car Rental Car Rental.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Everything about this place, Unfair billing, Illegal pricing practice, Was charged more than twice the estimate.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 13.

Comments