1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance.
2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system wouldn't allow, so 1st reservation not cancelled. Now have 2 reservations.
3. upon arrival at FLL airport realized I hadn't reserved a SunPass or something like that for highway tolls. Got on line and waited minimum 30 minutes to add that to my reservation. Was then told they couldn't add to my reservation there, at reservation counter, but told the guy in the booth upon departing parking garage will add it to my paperwork and I would be charged upon returning car.
4. I told the guy in the booth to activate the SunPass and add it to my reservation, which he told me he did. Then, despite being a blue chip member he requested my credit card before he would allow me to exit. He then said my credit card didn't match my reservation and told me to go back to reservation desk. Spent 20 minutes resolving this. Then drove back to the exit booth with new paperwork. Same man in booth, this time he let me leave garage.
5. Torrential rain in S. Florida 5 consecutive days (12/3-12/7). Car had leak and was raining in my car! Water dripping into car on my left leg for 5 consecutive days. Seat cushion soaked up water like a sponge. I called Thrifty and we couldn't arrange for them to swap cars with me unless i went back to airport. Didn't have time for that so sat on wet front seat and dripped on 5 consecutive days. Thrifty Rental car water torture!
6. At end of trip, I returned the car. Was rushing due to insane traffic and didn't check my bill. A few days later I saw bill emailed to me and discovered I was charged price of original reservation, no 25% discount given. Also not charged for SunPass, which I didn't realized at the time.
7. This week, I finally realized i wasn't charged for SunPass when i received a bill from Thrifty for $116.47 for $11.47 in tolls and $105 administrative fees.
8. Based on comments on this site and elsewhere I don't expect any adjustments or satisfaction of any kind from Thrifty.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Unfair billing
- Poor customer service
- Car leaked
- No sunpass
You May Also Like
- "I just got off the phone with Thrifty Corporate trying to dispute a $10 per day ($40 total or $51.48 with tax) that I noticed when scanning in my receipts..."
- "I have never in my life dealt with such an UNPROFESSIONAL company that had NO REGARD for the Safety of their Customers. I rented a Cruise America Truck for 21..."
- "Confirmation number: L6390697 Rental record: 8Z4606545 Even after I said that I DON´T WANT the clerk included UMP and SLI fees. She lied to me telling me that I would´t be charged for..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "I bought a bag for my daughter to take for her Karate uniform. She used the bag a time and a half, as after 3 times zipping up the zipper,..."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."
- "I am duly authorized by law, and duty bound as a Spiritual Master, to make statements in public to warn other people about harm or danger. This falls under Qualified..."