3.7

1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance.

2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system wouldn't allow, so 1st reservation not cancelled. Now have 2 reservations.

3. upon arrival at FLL airport realized I hadn't reserved a SunPass or something like that for highway tolls. Got on line and waited minimum 30 minutes to add that to my reservation. Was then told they couldn't add to my reservation there, at reservation counter, but told the guy in the booth upon departing parking garage will add it to my paperwork and I would be charged upon returning car.

4. I told the guy in the booth to activate the SunPass and add it to my reservation, which he told me he did. Then, despite being a blue chip member he requested my credit card before he would allow me to exit. He then said my credit card didn't match my reservation and told me to go back to reservation desk. Spent 20 minutes resolving this. Then drove back to the exit booth with new paperwork. Same man in booth, this time he let me leave garage.

5. Torrential rain in S. Florida 5 consecutive days (12/3-12/7). Car had leak and was raining in my car! Water dripping into car on my left leg for 5 consecutive days. Seat cushion soaked up water like a sponge. I called Thrifty and we couldn't arrange for them to swap cars with me unless i went back to airport. Didn't have time for that so sat on wet front seat and dripped on 5 consecutive days. Thrifty Rental car water torture!

6. At end of trip, I returned the car. Was rushing due to insane traffic and didn't check my bill. A few days later I saw bill emailed to me and discovered I was charged price of original reservation, no 25% discount given. Also not charged for SunPass, which I didn't realized at the time.

7. This week, I finally realized i wasn't charged for SunPass when i received a bill from Thrifty for $116.47 for $11.47 in tolls and $105 administrative fees.

8. Based on comments on this site and elsewhere I don't expect any adjustments or satisfaction of any kind from Thrifty.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. ThriftySucks is quite happy with price and stated that there is a room for improvement of unfair billing and customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "no sunpass and leak/water inside car" of thrifty car rental car rental and associated monetary loss in the amount of $136. Thrifty Car Rental needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned thrifty car rental car rental in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Thrifty Car Rental.

Comments