Thrifty Car Rental - Thrifty Water Torture...and more!
1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance.
2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system wouldn't allow, so 1st reservation not cancelled. Now have 2 reservations.
3. upon arrival at FLL airport realized I hadn't reserved a SunPass or something like that for highway tolls. Got on line and waited minimum 30 minutes to add that to my reservation. Was then told they couldn't add to my reservation there, at reservation counter, but told the guy in the booth upon departing parking garage will add it to my paperwork and I would be charged upon returning car.
4. I told the guy in the booth to activate the SunPass and add it to my reservation, which he told me he did. Then, despite being a blue chip member he requested my credit card before he would allow me to exit. He then said my credit card didn't match my reservation and told me to go back to reservation desk. Spent 20 minutes resolving this. Then drove back to the exit booth with new paperwork. Same man in booth, this time he let me leave garage.
5. Torrential rain in S. Florida 5 consecutive days (12/3-12/7). Car had leak and was raining in my car! Water dripping into car on my left leg for 5 consecutive days. Seat cushion soaked up water like a sponge. I called Thrifty and we couldn't arrange for them to swap cars with me unless i went back to airport. Didn't have time for that so sat on wet front seat and dripped on 5 consecutive days. Thrifty Rental car water torture!
6. At end of trip, I returned the car. Was rushing due to insane traffic and didn't check my bill. A few days later I saw bill emailed to me and discovered I was charged price of original reservation, no 25% discount given. Also not charged for SunPass, which I didn't realized at the time.
7. This week, I finally realized i wasn't charged for SunPass when i received a bill from Thrifty for $116.47 for $11.47 in tolls and $105 administrative fees.
8. Based on comments on this site and elsewhere I don't expect any adjustments or satisfaction of any kind from Thrifty.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Unfair billing
- Poor customer service
- Car leaked
- No sunpass
You May Also Like
- "Please find enclosed details of my recent experience with Europcar in Manchester. I am launching a claim against the company today in the Small Claims Court but I believe there..."
- "Kuala Lumpur Europcar cars are old, dirty and not road worthy. Fell for their glossy website and booked a car. On pick up I was offered a 7 y.o. rusted..."
- "I rented a car from Sat 2/14 - Sun 2/15. the total charge was to be 117.50 I asked for an extension from 2/15 - 2/16 the charge came out..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "We ordered these headsets in the hopes they would allow our polo team's coach to guide players during practice games. We were looking for the same system used by NFL..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."