Thrifty Car Rental - Thrifty is the Worst
I've rented hundreds of cars in my life,and I never had an experience like my one with Thrifty.
I had a AAA promo and was promised a good deal on a Nisson Maxima.
When we got there there were none available.
The good price evaporated when $165 was added for a second driver.
Typically it's one price quoted for husband and wife.
After going through 4 vehicles. We were given a Dogde Charger.
Our contract stated we were driving a VW Passat.
Not only was it not smoke free but had a pretty good dent in the right rear .
The agent stood in front of area as we went through a quick inspection.
Shame on me for the above.
But after a long flight ,PHX to Hartford spending an hour in a car rental agency when you still have an hour drive to get to your destinatination is not very appealing.
The best is yet to come ,the kicker to this bad experience was a notification two months after the rental,that we were being charged for $20 in tolls plus $90 in administrative fee.
The tolls were all out of state and during our two week rental we never left the state.
Needless to say I will never rent from Thrifty again
Poor Customer Service is one thing fraud takes it to a new level
This company should not be in business
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Dodge Charger Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Veronica Winona Osterstuck (Also uses the name Veronica Neponsixterstuck) has been arrested for THEFT and was arrested again for BATTERY (DOMESTIC VIOLENCE), then arrested yet again for DUI. This..."
- "Booked a 5 day rental from Payless Car Rental at an offsite airport location (Toronto Pearson International) through Expedia. A few days later I checked Priceline and found an..."
- "On 6/18/2013 I rented a car with Enterprise. I did an initial inspection of the car and was asked by the salesman if I wanted insurance through Enterprise or..."
- "I received a bill from LabCorp that said "an insurance company has denied a payment ... " "An insurance company??!!" I'm guessing they picked a random insurance company..."
- " Do i need to say anything. In mesa,az. Mckellips and Linsdey the supervisor STEPHAINE. Pizzas gsrbage, no sauce as requested. She tells me *** YOU..."
- "Too whom it may concern. Staying at M-6 #378 When I checked in at 1pm water was off and stayed off until past 5:30 that afternoon. Also construction people still..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."
- "I ordered a pair of faxon canvas low sneakers that were navy blue and lime green. I was originally happy with the purchase and started to wear the shoes out...."
- "...all the shots of the ones I wanted of her in angel wings were terrible!!! Photographer only took two shots..."