Thrifty Car Rental - Thrifty is the Worst
I've rented hundreds of cars in my life,and I never had an experience like my one with Thrifty.
I had a AAA promo and was promised a good deal on a Nisson Maxima.
When we got there there were none available.
The good price evaporated when $165 was added for a second driver.
Typically it's one price quoted for husband and wife.
After going through 4 vehicles. We were given a Dogde Charger.
Our contract stated we were driving a VW Passat.
Not only was it not smoke free but had a pretty good dent in the right rear .
The agent stood in front of area as we went through a quick inspection.
Shame on me for the above.
But after a long flight ,PHX to Hartford spending an hour in a car rental agency when you still have an hour drive to get to your destinatination is not very appealing.
The best is yet to come ,the kicker to this bad experience was a notification two months after the rental,that we were being charged for $20 in tolls plus $90 in administrative fee.
The tolls were all out of state and during our two week rental we never left the state.
Needless to say I will never rent from Thrifty again
Poor Customer Service is one thing fraud takes it to a new level
This company should not be in business
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Dodge Charger Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " I write to get your advice on a car rental and subsequent deduction of charges which are on dispute On the 20th Of January we hired a vehicle from..."
- "(june 3, 2015) thrifty offered prices after all specific conditions are known, and later during checkout price jumped 147%,without explanation. totally false and deceptive advertising practice, giant material misrepresentation,..."
- "I just got off the phone with Thrifty Corporate trying to dispute a $10 per day ($40 total or $51.48 with tax) that I noticed when scanning in my receipts..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- "I cannot even begin to describe how *** of a company is UPS. I had a package shipped to me and even though it was actually lost for weeks, they..."
- "When I bought a bag of Tyson boneless chicken breast, I "count" how many of them and thought it was a good deal, but when I was using them, I..."
- "Too whom it may concern. Staying at M-6 #378 When I checked in at 1pm water was off and stayed off until past 5:30 that afternoon. Also construction people still..."