Thrifty Car Rental - Thrifty is the Worst
I've rented hundreds of cars in my life,and I never had an experience like my one with Thrifty.
I had a AAA promo and was promised a good deal on a Nisson Maxima.
When we got there there were none available.
The good price evaporated when $165 was added for a second driver.
Typically it's one price quoted for husband and wife.
After going through 4 vehicles. We were given a Dogde Charger.
Our contract stated we were driving a VW Passat.
Not only was it not smoke free but had a pretty good dent in the right rear .
The agent stood in front of area as we went through a quick inspection.
Shame on me for the above.
But after a long flight ,PHX to Hartford spending an hour in a car rental agency when you still have an hour drive to get to your destinatination is not very appealing.
The best is yet to come ,the kicker to this bad experience was a notification two months after the rental,that we were being charged for $20 in tolls plus $90 in administrative fee.
The tolls were all out of state and during our two week rental we never left the state.
Needless to say I will never rent from Thrifty again
Poor Customer Service is one thing fraud takes it to a new level
This company should not be in business
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Dodge Charger Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "In brief - 1. I hired and returned an undamaged vehicle to Thrifty Car Rentals. 2. I photographed the vehicle thoroughly upon its return as evidence. 3. More than 2 days after..."
- "I booked a car for 40 hours. Opel Corsa, with 155000 km. I picked it up at 23:00 on a dark parking. The car has a million of scratches and..."
- "Enterprise Rent-A-Car office, located 852 W 6Th St, Corona, CA 92882, has accused us of damage to a vehicle we rented. Upon returning the car, the only person in the..."
- "This is THE WORST online company I have EVER bought from, and I've had PLENTY of bad experiences. I ordered a dress online in what said was my correct size...."
- "Lies, The representative on the phone who took my order was full of energy and pep which was nice. However he was also full of something else. The two issues..."
- "Had Central Security since 2009, installed a new system with my cable company due to my current system being outdated and faulty. When I went to cancel they told..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."
- "I lost 75 lbs and it feels like 100 lbs. I couldn't have done it without the Roca Labs regimen.It was so easy to do. Those who say it doesn't..."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."