On pick-up of a THRIFTY car at Munich airport on October 14 (res.code DTYKY7) a credit card 'reservation voucher' for Euro 1.000 was requested as security for the hired car.On check out on October 18 some miniscule scratches on a door were recorded that I never saw before (the hand-over occured in darkness).

Counter staff promised to investigate the matter and get back to me by e-mail. One week later I am still waiting, however, meanwhile Euro 1.000 were charged to my credit card without explanation. Even if these scratches could be blamed on my rental period, ( I disagree) the withholding of such a large sum that is totally out of proportion is unheard of.

Complaints to THRIFTY Germany by fax and e-mail remain unanswered.

Review about: Thrifty Car Rental Car Rental.

Had an Experience with Thrifty Car Rental?

Comments

Green Motion claims damage to rental car Green Motion "The car was already pretty dinged up when we rented it. But after returning we were charged $707.77 for the alleged "damage" to the car. Photos of the damage are..." Read more Thrifty Car Rental - 2 miles driven cost $230 Thrifty Car Rental "I rented a car from Thrifty by the Portland, OR airport. The location was 1 mile from my hotel. I drove the car to the hotel, and back to Thrifty..." Read more Anchor Your Assets Lease Guaranty - BAIT AND SWITCH !! anchoryourassets.com and anchoryourassetsinc.com SCAM! BEWARE !! Anchor Your Assets Lease Guaranty "anchor your assets lease guaranty that goes by anchoryourassets.com and anchoryourassetsinc.com advertises that you get an apartment approval without "paying a dime" upfront right on their webiste, front and center...." Read more Thrifty Car Rental - Thrifty Water Torture...and more! Thrifty Car Rental "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..." Read more Shopify - Scam/Rip Off Shopify " I ordered two bras off the website. Got a email confirmation of my order never got a tracking number emailed customer service never got a reply over a month..." Read more Fine Trade's Charged $89-$200+ Shipping for $11 Product! Fine Trade "Fine Trade on Amazon's site charged me $89 shipping on a product that clearly stated Free Shipping! Taking advantage of Amazon's One-Click program, Fine Trade has set up many of..." Read more Color By Pascale - Order Never Recieved Color By Pascale "Hello my name is Renee Anderson-Cook, and I placed an order on June 2nd 2017 for three different lip color shades to be delivered to me. I paid $17.97 for..." Read more Ray Padula - Terrible Product and  Customer Support Ray Padula "I have bought the sprinkler system a couple of years ago but used for the first time late last year. Now the nozzles are pointing downward and do not come..." Read more