Thrifty Car Rentals New Zealand - Are they corrupt???
Update added by user Jul 19
Following the review submitted below, I continued to make contact with Thrifty Rentals by email and phone.Even the head office, head of complaints failed to reply.
Through the BNZ (on my behalf) a request was made for them to justify the charge on my credit card.
To that they also did not respond and the charge was finally reversed.Following the reversal, Thrifty still had the option to challenge to challenge the reversal, guess what they never did!
Original review posted by user Jan 18
In brief -
1. I hired and returned an undamaged vehicle to Thrifty Car Rentals.
2. I photographed the vehicle thoroughly upon its return as evidence.
3. More than 2 days after the return they emailed to say I'd damaged the vehicle and charged my credit card for the damage.
4. Understandably I have strongly disputed this and provided the photographic evidence.
5. Over the last 3 weeks I have visited their premise, phoned them and sent emails to various Thrifty email recipients. NOT ONE SINGLE REPLY!
6. Photos attached of the returned vehicle.
7. You decide.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Anything positive was overshadowed by negatives
- Anything positive was overshadowed by negative
What I disliked
- Total failure to respond to any communication
You May Also Like
- "I've rented hundreds of cars in my life,and I never had an experience like my one with Thrifty. I had a AAA promo and was promised a good deal on a..."
- " I write to get your advice on a car rental and subsequent deduction of charges which are on dispute On the 20th Of January we hired a vehicle from..."
- "So had to take a last minute trip to Philadelphia. Arrived at 12:15 this morning and couldn't get any discount rate prior to arriving. Had to book a car for..."
- "Purchased a computer from them. Paid happily for it and it was described as "used" and "Minor scuffs." Upon receiving the item, It was not as described at all. The internals were..."
- "In brief - 1. I hired and returned an undamaged vehicle to Thrifty Car Rentals. 2. I photographed the vehicle thoroughly upon its return as evidence. 3. More than 2 days after..."
- "Thing is, complaints here are valuable in informing people about the unscrupulous dealings of Bidz.com but best thing we can all do, is start making complaints to the relevant authorities..."
- "I purchased a Marketside organic spring mix salad from Walmart. It was in a clear hard plastic container. It says on the package washed and ready to eat. I opened..."
- "US Hole in One is based on Lies - Never Use them they claim millions of dollars in business winners office building complex is this the place for a large..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."