Thrifty Car Rentals New Zealand - Are they corrupt???
Update added by user Jul 19, 2016
Following the review submitted below, I continued to make contact with Thrifty Rentals by email and phone.Even the head office, head of complaints failed to reply.
Through the BNZ (on my behalf) a request was made for them to justify the charge on my credit card.
To that they also did not respond and the charge was finally reversed.Following the reversal, Thrifty still had the option to challenge to challenge the reversal, guess what they never did!
Original review posted by user Jan 18, 2016
In brief -
1. I hired and returned an undamaged vehicle to Thrifty Car Rentals.
2. I photographed the vehicle thoroughly upon its return as evidence.
3. More than 2 days after the return they emailed to say I'd damaged the vehicle and charged my credit card for the damage.
4. Understandably I have strongly disputed this and provided the photographic evidence.
5. Over the last 3 weeks I have visited their premise, phoned them and sent emails to various Thrifty email recipients. NOT ONE SINGLE REPLY!
6. Photos attached of the returned vehicle.
7. You decide.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- Anything positive was overshadowed by negatives
- Anything positive was overshadowed by negative
What I disliked
- Total failure to respond to any communication
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Further to our unsatisfactory experience reviewed on August 12th, we were forced to deliver the RV to the CA "New York City" depot, which is actually in Roslyn, Long Island...."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Veronica Winona Osterstuck (Also uses the name Veronica Neponsixterstuck) has been arrested for THEFT and was arrested again for BATTERY (DOMESTIC VIOLENCE), then arrested yet again for DUI. This..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "Stay away! They guaranteed us a full deep cleaning. One of the owners came to our house for an inspection and we were very specific about what we wanted. We..."
- "I placed an order for a LIMITED edition T-shirt in Oct 2016 and received nothing so far (3 months passed). I tried the "Order Tracking" via the "Email us" on..."
- "On the 16.04.2013 I purchased a Macbook Pro 13" disney Decal sticker for the front of my laptop. I am from New Zealand and this company is from America. So..."
- "A warning to the global boating community. Scam motors and being sold by Greg Slayton from www.oceanmarineengines.com. He formally traded as deltaperformancemarine.com. The motors look beautiful online but..."
- "I ordered a dress off these people and I was totally shocked when it arrived. It was completely different to what I ordered it had lace and cotton hanging off..."