I rented my first Thrifty Car in 1994. They were my go-to car rental.

In the 1990s, the carry over customer service from the 80s was still fairly strong. I was/am a San Diego local and never had any problems. I rented my cars with my Debit Card. Earlier this year I was told I could no longer rent a car because I did not have a credit card.

An exception to the Debit Card rental was proof of an airline ticket. Why would I have an airline ticket as a local. For over 20 years I rented cars from Thrifty. I was so embarrassed when I walked to the counter to pick my rental car and was told no.

I was allowed to make the registration online no problem. In front of 20 people I was turned away, the manager telling me there was nothing he could do... For over 20 years I rented a car, they took my money; I was a customer. Then one day; there "was nothing" they could do...

To put salt on the would, I still receive Thrifty Car Rental emails offering discounts and deals. 2-3x I have "unsubscribed" from the spam emails. I STILL RECEIVE THEM!

Thrifty Car Rental is not a company for the working people. Thrifty Car Rental practices unreasonable and irresponsible services.

Product or Service Mentioned: Thrifty Car Rental Car Rental.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 13, 2017.

Comments

Scammers...prepay then they tell you you can't use a debit card, the same card I prepaid with. Then they say it's non refundable.

Call customer service and they all have *** attitudes.

3 people in front and behind me at Tampa same exact issue. DONT DEAL with these SCAMMERS.