2.4

On 9/7/14 I rented a mini-van with Thrifty for two weeks. After a few days I realized I would only need the vehicle for a week and I contacted them and was advised return the van after the week and I would only be charged for the one week rental.

I returned the van on 9/14/14 (prior to the time I rented so well within the one week) and left thinking all was well. On 10/1/14 I received a charge on my debit card for the full two weeks which resulted in an overdraft to my account. I politely sent an email saying I was sure it was an oversight and please correct. No reply was received.

After two more increasingly angry emails from me I got an updated invoice showing they owed me $1,196. Great, even though no explanation I assumed my card would now be credited. After waiting several days and no credit I followed up again. No response.

Sent another email giving one last chance before I reported them to BBB and disputed the charge. To date no response and my account is overdrawn due to their error. I was going to use that money as a down payment on a vehicle but I can't and now the vehicle is being sold to another party.

I thought they were reputable but now I know better. Think twice before renting from them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Thrifty Car Rental Car Rental.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 18, 2014.

Comments